I loved this activity this morning. My 3 and 6 year old loved this activity this morning. It wasn't too messy and the girls learnt something while they played!
What can be learnt?
- The names of the colours
- When we mix colours we make new colours.
- Primary and secondary colours
- What colours you need to make the secondary colours you want.
My girls just spent time exploring by themselves while I got myself a coffee to feed my addiction. This is how we did ours if you fancy having a go too...
All we used was:
- A large resealable food bag
- Paint 2 colours at least
- Tape we tried masking tape but electrical tape worked better. Sticky tape should do.
Squirt 2 blobs of paint in the bag, so that they don't touch.
Seal the bag completely and then tape it to a table.
Let your little person play with the paint by gently pushing the paint around the bag.
An extra thing to try: make letters and numbers drawing the in the paint with a finger thought the bag. Be careful not to split the bag open with nails though, we had a little tear in one of the bags today.
My 3 year old loved that red and yellow mixed together makes yellow and that hers looked like fire!